The Hotel Held’s unique location puts you right in the heart of the natural beauty of the Zillertal.
As you hike into your summer vacation you will leave the obligations of everyday life behind. Every step you take will take you closer to the summit, closer to the view point, and closer to your self.
We are passionate hikers ourselves and enjoy to share our passion and inside knowledge with our guests. This becomes apparent when Resi shares her experience with you over breakfast and explains the most picturesque trail up to the ‘Wiedersberger Horn’ or when Anni Held invites you to join her on a high alpine hiking tour. Our passion is real and our options for your hiking vacation are great.
- more than 1000 km of hiking trails
- 573 hiking routes
- 4 altitudes: adventure trails down in the valley, hikes in the woods, hiking trails from hut to hut, high altitude climbs
- 72 3,000-meter peaks (10,000ft)
- 11 summer cable cars
- 1 nature park, the high alps nature park zillertaler alps, with mountaineering villages, pristine lakes, jaw-dropping glaciers, rustic cabins, and climbing routes from beginners to advanced.
- 157 cabins to stop for a bite to eat
- 1,5 km (3,000 ft) to the nearest cable car, the Spieljochbahn.
- 1001 picture-book moments
Take off your hiking boots and dive into the Held outdoor pool. Then enjoy some of our sweet delights on our sun deck and gaze back at the soaring peaks. Sun on your skin. Happiness in your heart. And mountain feeling all around.
Hotel Held is the perfect location for hikers and mountaineers to explore the Zillertal mountains. 573 different routes and 1,400 kilometres of hiking trails bring you closer to our beautiful mountains. Some trails even start right at the doorstep of our hotel.
Our mountains meet all expectations and welcome ambitious and relaxed mountain lovers alike. No matter if you are keen on summiting a peak by yourself or if you rather take one of eleven cable cars to the next level, the vistas and sensations will be unparalleled.
- rental equipment: walking sticks, backpacks
- advise on the distance and difficulty of hikes by Resi, Anni, or our ladies at the front desk
- guided hiking tours as part of the sports programme and with Anni Held
This hike begins at the Spieljoch upper and takes you to Hochfügen in 3,5 hours. Along the 12,8 kilometre route lie a summit experience, alpine pastures, and stunning views into the Ziller and Inn Valleys as well as the Tux Alps and Karwendel mountains. With some luck you might even spot a marmot, chamois, or golden eagle.