Freeriding in Zillertal
Friends of untouched powder snow are just right in the Zillertal!
Where the prepared slopes end, the adventure for deep-snow skiers is just beginning. All ski areas in the Zillertal offer exciting opportunities for descents through untouched snow fields and gullies between rocks and trees.
Freeriders who want to experience the virgin deep-snow slopes and feel the feeling of freedom are in paradise with us. With 65 freeride runs, the Zillertal is one of the largest deep-snow eldorados in the Alps and offers plenty of variety with exciting variations, runs and fantastic deep-snow slopes between 1000 and 2000 metres in altitude.
...whoever moves off the secured slopes in the open country must be aware that in the mountains, in addition to the beautiful runs, there can also be possible dangers lurking.
In order to fully enjoy the freeriding experience, we recommend the guided descent with a guide! We would be happy to book a suitable guide for you.
The following tips should be observed when freeriding:
- check the avalanche report/current avalanche warning level before the start (Lawinenwarndienst Tirol)
- keep an eye on temperature, weather and weather changes
- save emergency numbers in your mobile phone (Alpine Emergency Call 140)
- check the condition of the snow before the descent
- always keep sufficient distance to other freeriders on the slope
- always take an avalanche transceiver (Pieps) with you and check its function before the start
- shovel, avalanche probe and in the best case an airbag backpack with you
- never ride alone in unsecured terrain