Step by step through winter wonderland. And the crowning run at the end.
The fascination of ski touring means not only enchanting climbs through freshly snow-covered fairytale forests, but also the explosion of joy on the descent through super light powder snow.
In the Zillertal valley you can find hardcore tourers such as those who wish to move away from the conventional path with skiing. From sophisticated tours to the Sonntagsköpfel, Wiedersberger Horn or the Torhelm for which experience is required, we can recommend for beginners lightweight ski tours along winter trails through snowy forests. With an easy descent on a secured slope.
...whoever moves off the secured slopes in the open country must be aware that in the mountains, in addition to the beautiful runs, there can also be possible dangers lurking.
In order to fully enjoy the skitouring experience, we recommend the guided descent with a guide! We would be happy to book a suitable guide for you.
The following tips should be observed when skitouring:
- check the avalanche report/current avalanche warning level before the start (Lawinenwarndienst Tirol)
- keep an eye on temperature, weather and weather changes
- save emergency numbers in your mobile phone (Alpine Emergency Call 140)
- check the condition of the snow before the descent
- always keep sufficient distance to others on the slope
- always take an avalanche transceiver (Pieps) with you and check its function before the start
- shovel, avalanche probe and in the best case an airbag backpack with you
- never ride alone in unsecured terrain